Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Row, Row, Row...

Have you ever really listened to the song Row, Row, Row your Boat?  Me neither until today while listening to a Wayne Dyer speech about spiritual laws. 


I'm a fighter, I try to control a lot and feel like many things I have to organize and stay on top of because so many people depend on me (not true, but this is what I tell myself so I have reason to battle on another day, fight the good fight). 


But when I can't win, which is often,  I get stressed, I pull away, I over analyze and over tell people what they should do, I seem like I am not listening because I am just working like crazy to make things my vision of perfect.  


Anyway..think about the words to this song (say it rather than sing it):


Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.



I don't know about you, but I tend to row quite a lot up stream in other peoples boats andas well as my own. Up stream in rapids if you count today.  


I am working on staying in my own boat, on my stream.  It just sounds easier to me then jumping in all ya all's boat and getting in your business and telling you where to row. :-)


The last line is so beautiful, simple, and true..Life is but a dream. 

1 comment: