Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Word of the Year- 2013


2013

The last two years I have chosen a “Word of the Year.”

2011 - Courage
2012- Relentless
2013- ??

Each word for the years past have really defined that year for me, without me knowing in the beginning of the year.  I needed courage in 2011 to begin many life changing journey’s that year. It's what made me walk into Crossfit.  I needed to be relentless last year facing challenges I never saw coming without the chance to just be able to give up.

I have been playing around with what word I will use to drive me this year, what word will I find solace in when I need focus, what word will help me do the things I want to do this year?  

The word I have chosen for this year is BELIEVE.  I know I CAN lose weight, I know I COULD possibly follow dreams that I have had for a while..but do I BELIEVE I will be able to actually do what my hearts desires when the past has shown me to fail?  I actually do, but not easily and that is why I believe the word believe is perfect for this year and the perfect lesson for me to learn this year.

Challenges come with this... life gets in the way of this fun activity and will challenge me I am sure. I believe I can handle it. 

What will your word be this year? I’d love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment