Tuesday, February 7, 2012

There is Something About Mary

One of the biggest gifts I have been given in recent months is getting to meet a wonderful woman named Mary.  During one quite brutal workout of dragging a sled through a parking lot, as the crowd was cheering me and others on to the finish line, a woman came out of the crowd and walked by my side and told me, "Wow, you are so strong! Good job!"

I was too out of breath to really thank her for the encouragement, but it really stood out to me.  I thought there is something very special about her.

I started to notice that she was so caring and loving to all of us CrossFitters in our wonderful 6am class.  She welcomes people with hugs, she cheers us along in the hard workouts, and she is hilarious!!

One day we were chatting and she told me that she was terrified every day to see what they workout was.   I told her I felt the same way!  I think at that moment we connected.

I hope everyone has a Mary in their life.  She is honest, caring, authentic, and has been a pillar of support for me over the past few months.  We both agree we showed up in each others life at the perfect time and are taking full advantage of how we can help each other grow.

I just want to give Mary a shout out.  There is Something Special about Mary.  There is nothing in her hair, it's all in her heart...it's lot's love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment